Monday, April 20, 2009

Wake-Up Call

Just when I think I know what God has planned for me, He throws me a curve ball.

How many times has that happened now? I wake up one morning, convinced that this is what He wants. As if I have the divine wisdom to second-guess the creator of the universe. Truth is, I'm clueless. At least it keeps things interesting.

I make plans, big plans. God changes them. I make suggestions I'm certain could help our church. They're totally ignored. I'm totally ignored. After a while, I decide that no one there is ever going to take me seriously and vow to keep my mouth shut in the future.

Jesus Himself said a prophet is respected everywhere but in his own town, his own home. I know how those prophets felt.

Maybe it's one of those things that are so obvious, it's overlooked. When I think about it, He's given me a lot to work with. He's put me in some circumstances, allowed me to get myself into others to have experiences that are unfortunately shared by a lot of people. People who have no way to deal with those problems. I do. Here I am, with the means to do something of value, and I've been doing my best to avoid it.

As any good father would, He's making me face the things from which I've been trying to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment