Monday, February 16, 2009

Here we go again!

Am I out of my mind???

If you know me, please don't answer that question.

I already have two other blogs (on Amazon and My Space), so this is Blog #3. I need to get off my butt and really promote my new e-book, Chasing the Wind (currently available at Amazon, Mobipocket, Cyberread, Smashwords, Books on Board, etc. The last thing I need is another blog, yet here I am.

But all I want to do is work on the new novel, second in the series, An Army of Angels. I got into the story a lot faster than I expected. I'm going to have to push Collin--my son and collaborator--to get off his own butt and get busy on the research.

Writing Chasing the Wind and An Army of Angels has been quite a different experience for me. My fourteen previous books were written quickly and pretty much on a schedule. These books, these characters, are with me all the time, every minute of every day. They wake me in the middle of the night. They distract me when I'm trying to do other things. I mentally play out scenes from their lives that will never appear in any of the books in the series. I know each of them intimately.

It's no coincidence that my two female protagonists are named Lynne and Robyn. Lynn is my middle name; Robin is the name my mother had originally chosen for me. If only she hadn't had a difficult pregnancy and ended up feeling the need to honor her sister for helping out before my arrival!

Lynne has my thirst for adventure; she's a seeker, a gambler. She loves a challenge. Robyn is stubborn and optimistic. She cares nothing for the practical matters of life. My dad used to say I had no respect for money, which pretty much sums it up.

Maybe I shouldn't have revealed that last bit of information....

No comments:

Post a Comment